Sunday, January 22, 2006

Mountains of Snow

We haven't had snow for a few days now and the banks have settle down nicely and frozen in place. We're having a large Labrador day today. Since I usually go to work before daylight and come home after dark, it was nice to get out in the beautiful sunshine. I donned my long fur coat and trotted out to get a few photos. I had to do it quickly though. The temperature was -18C with a windchill of -29C. It felt like my eyebrows were freezing and I was getting an ice cream headache without eating the ice cream. When you're all bundled up and hurring along, it's hard to keep your mouth closed - it sure wakens those sensitive teeth! It's a good thing I remembered where my house was because it's not in full view anymore from the road. If you peep around those snowbanks you'll find it.


Right after the storm the banks on either side of the road were as high as or higher than the car. It felt clostrophobic driving the narrow streets with high banks - like going through a maze. Now that the snowblower has gone by and widened out the streets it's easier to see around the corners. Here's what I see when I look up and down my street:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mountains of Snow is right!!!
I especially liked the pic of your house behind all that snow!!!! Bundle up and keep warm! Wear your socks to bed! ha ha Sonia :)