Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!


Like many other families, we keep a calendar on the kitchen wall where we make a note of special dates, appointments, in town/out of town, jury duty, interviews, etc. It’s only a regular monthly calendar, but each page is covered with notations.

This morning I took down my marked up 2005 calendar to replace it with a brand new, clean 2006 calendar and sat down to review the year gone by. It went rather quickly! The days my daughters were home seemed so few but I am grateful for the times that they could come home. The doctor’s appointments were few and far between and for that I’m so thankful! The working days were busy, interviews done, contracts completed with no sick days and for that I’m very pleased. It means that we had the health and strength to work and make a living.

What will the new year bring? We have a clean slate before us. We don’t know how many days or months of this calendar we will complete, if we will have work, or be in good health. The future is not for us to know. I’m so glad that I don’t have to worry about it. All I have to do is hold on to the One who holds tomorrow.

I Know Who Holds Tomorrow

I don’t know about tomorrow, I just live from day to day;
I don’t borrow from its sunshine, for its skies may turn to gray;
I don’t worry o’er the future, for I know what Jesus said,
And today, I’ll walk beside Him, for he knows what is ahead.

Many things about tomorrow I don’t seem to understand;
But I know who holds tomorrow, And I know who holds my hand.

Ev’ry step is getting brighter as the golden stairs I climb;
Ev’ry burden’s getting lighter; Ev’ry cloud is silver lined;
There the sun is always shining; there no tear will dim the eye;
At the ending of the rainbow, where the mountains touch the sky.

I don’t know about tomorrow, It may bring me poverty;
But the One who feeds the sparrow, Is the One who stands by me;
And the path that be my portion, May be gthru the flame or flood,
But His presence goes before me, And I’m covered with His blood.

- Ira Stanphill © Copyright 1950 by Singspiration, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission.

Happy New Year!


No comments: