Monday, January 16, 2006

Mega Snow

Wow! Since Saturday we've had over 100 cm of snow and it's still falling! And it doesn't end there. We're supposed to have 20-30cm more today. Here's the Environment Canada forcast for today and tomorrow:
Today
Snow at times heavy and blowing snow. Amount 20 to 30 cm. Wind north 30 km/h gusting to 50. Temperature steady near minus 5.
Tonight
Periods of snow and blowing snow. Amount 10 cm. Wind north 40 km/h gusting to 60. Low minus 16. Cold wind chill minus 29.
Tuesday

A few flurries ending in the morning then clearing. Local blowing snow in the morning. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. Temperature steady near minus 16. Cold wind chill minus 29

The whole town is basically shut down. Business and schools are closed. It seems the only people working today are CBC and The Town. CBC Radio employees were in bright and early to give us all the weather updates and closures. The Town crews are busy trying to keep the roads open in case of an emergency. When I look out my windows, this is what I see:




I got up the usual time (6:15 a.m.) and had breakfast with my husband. Once I realized I didn't have to go out, and since it was still dark as midnight out, I went back to bed and listened to the radio over the hum of snowploughs and snowblowers until it got daylight. Now let me see, what will I do today?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'll say Mega Snow!!!!I'm so glad it's down your way Ha!

Beverly said...

When we get winter, we really GET WINTER!