Monday, August 22, 2005

The Weather Again!
What wind and rain we've been having! I don't think we've had so much rain since the flood! Of course there's a benefit to that too. I don't have to water my garden these days, the berries will blossom nicely again when the sun comes out, and it gives me time to get things done in the house.

I love sleeping when it's stormy outside - or curled up in a comfortable spot reading a good book - or spending time on my computers. It's a wonderful time to catch up on all the projects I've saved for a rainy day.

When we say "saving for a rainy day" we think of saving money, don't we? And that's good too. But there are other things that need our management besides money. One of them is time. These days aren't we just sooo busy. I know I am. However, I'm learning to say "no" more now to things that are going to overtax me. I'm setting a priority with what I want to do and what needs to be done. For instance, housework has moved far to the bottom of the list. It will be there long after I'm gone - nobody seems to notice when it's done anyway. When I'm no longer here, what will people remember about me...a clean house?....a story I wrote?....my smile? ...how friendly I was or wasn't? or the time I spent with them? The days go by so fast and once they are gone, they are gone. Tomorrow for us may never come. We have only today to work with. What can we do to make a difference in the lives of those we love today?

No comments: