Thursday, October 15, 2015

Vote!

I've always been an independent thinker and have rarely voted the same as my family and friends. This election, however, I know I must vote, but I can't see anyone to vote for. 

I know there have been many changes over the years to political parties and their platforms. I don't let tradition and the way it was always done, dictate to me how I vote. As a Christian, I will vote for life and for a party that will stand up for family values. I will vote for a party that will not back down on its stand with and for Israel. I will vote for a political party that vows to work at keeping us safe against terrorism. There is one party right now that, for the most part, does reflect my beliefs but I have no confidence in the national leader or the local candidate for that party.  I'm really in a dilemma here.

I will not be bullied by anyone into not voting for a particular party, or to not vote at all. Personally, I find that a slap in the face of our freedom. So many countries are crying for democracy. We have the awesome privilege to vote, and not voting is an absolute shame.


I will say this though: please do not vote for a particular party just because it is popular among your family, friends or media. Please do not vote for a particular party because it's always been done that way. But please DO familiarize yourself with the issues. Decide on what is important to you, and VOTE!

No comments: