Saturday, October 17, 2015

First Snow Fall 2015


This is what I saw when I looked out my bedroom window this morning, October 17, 2015.  The first snowfall for the season, just as predicted.  Not surprisingly, most Labradorians now have visions of skis, snowshoes, snowblowers and sleds dancing in their heads. As the day progressed, shovels were out and snowsleds were heard zooming down the path between the trees beyond the fence.

For me, however, this scene is peaceful, somewhat comforting.  The white sparkling snow covering the dark earth in a bright, clean blanket reminds me of the Holy Spirit that falls softly on humanity covering us with His comforting presence. When Jesus rose from the dead and was preparing to ascend into heaven he promised to send The Comforter to be with us. 

In John 14:26 (Amplified Bible) It says this:
26 But the [a]Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name[in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will help you remember everything that I have told you.

We don't ever have to be lonely, helpless, weak or distraught again.  Isn't that a peaceful, comforting thought?


No comments: