Monday, September 25, 2006

Fall

Something happened over the weekend - Fall arrived! Yep, it's officially fall, but we've been having beautiful fall weather for a while now. Actually, a week ago we had our first frost and on September 16th I started bringing in my plants. I wasn't quick enough though because I left a few on the patio and Jack Frost nipped a couple of them. A few months outside really gave my plants a boost though. Because my yard and my house have a lot of shaded areas, I use plants that thrive well in those areas, like impatients and begonias. Here's the first begonia that I brought in:


It had been sitting in this corner of my patio:



While the days seem much shorter now ( it's dark when I get up at 6:30 a.m.), day and night are about equal length. This morning the sun rose at 6:52 a.m. and will set at 6:53 this evening. Yep, no more puttering around the garden after supper. Pretty soon my garden bench will be hidden with snow. Believe it or not snowflakes are in the forecast already. Each season brings its own joys. The week after next we'll celebrate Thanksgiving. We must enjoy each season and each day as it comes. Hope you enjoy your day!

No comments: