Monday, April 03, 2006

Spring?



With lengthening days - more hours of sunlight - my houseplants are heralding spring. New blossoms are appearing all over the place.



I brought this miniature rose bush in from my garden last fall. It all but died, so I cut it back and placed it on my kitchen window sill. Now it's blooming nicely.

But the prettiest houseplant right now is my Impatience. Just have a look at those flowers!

Yes, I was really getting into the spring mode. Bare pavement was showing, we were stepping out in shoes, and I was ready to open the windows, houseclean and hang clothes out on the clothesline! Then along comes this storm. It's too late to be called Sheila's Brush, but have you heard the old expression about March - in like a lamb, out like a lion? Well March came in very meekly so I guess it went out with a roar. Yesterday we broke all rainfall AND snowfall records for that date. Whoever heard of 24 cm of snow on April 2nd? Only in Labrador you say?

No comments: