Monday, February 13, 2006

Valentine's Day Poem

A couple of years ago, I wrote this poem for a Valentine's Day contest. It was aired on CBC Radio and I won tickets to a show by the same name. I thought seeing it's Valentine's Day again I would share it with you.
I LOVE YOU, YOU’RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE
I love you, you’re perfect, now change
Now don’t ya think that’s rather strange
Do you think this ol’ earthly me
Can a gorgeous butterfly be?
Once I get my feet off the ground
I might never again be found.
This metamorphosis you ask
Is quite an impossible task
So dear, it’s take me as I am
You love me, I’m perfect, no change!
Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you now that you're working elsewhere.

Hugs,
Theresa

Beverly said...

Miss you too!

Anonymous said...

where are you 'working elsewhere?'
Then again you're a pretty busy lady...always with your fingers into something!! :) *wish i had your energy*